The NVSBC Veteran Small Business Advocate of the Year Award recognizes one federal representative or small team and one prime contractor representative or small team who went above and beyond in advocating for the VSOBs and SDVOSBs within their organization or agency.
Nominee(s) must have a minimal of 2 years of service advocating for Veteran owned small businesses with their agency/organization.
- A demonstrated commitment to Veteran owned small business advocacy above and beyond policies that specifically impact their agency
- Proven efforts to advance and improve opportunities for VOSBs and SDVSOBs
- Actively involved in pro-active business development efforts to include VOSBs and SDVOSBs in new procurements
- Success in advocating for Veteran owned small business policies; and
- Growth of contracts awarded to VOSBs and SDVOSBs
To illustrate your commitment to Veteran owned small business issues, you may include up to five (5) pages of supporting documents. Please respond to the following questions. Your answers should not exceed 300 words for each question.
- How have your advocacy efforts gone above and beyond policies that specifically impact your agency/organization?
- Please describe your efforts aimed at advancing and improving contracting opportunities for VOSBs and SDVOSBs within your agency/organization?
- Please describe some of your successes in advocating for pro Veteran owned small business policies within your agency/organization?
- Please explain how your efforts increased contracts awarded to VOSBs and SDVOSBs within your agency/organization
All applications will be reviewed and a winner chosen by the NVSBC Awards Selection Committee and awarded annually at the Veterans Training Symposium (VETS).
Complete the information contained in the link below and email to email@example.com with the subject line of the email labeled as 2021 NVSBC Veteran Small Business Advocate of the Year Submissions must be received no later than September 1, 2021.